I finally upgraded from Virtual II v7.4 to 8.6. It seemed to reach that critical mass of new features and fixes. I downloaded the new app, moved the old app version out of its directory and copied the new app in its place.
From there I just began starting my saved Virtual II sessions. Here are a few in the list:
Prodos32 ✔️, OmniDisk Hard Drive versions of AppleWorks, Copy II+
Fishies ✔️, AleClock, ✔️ MouseDesk2 ✔️, GEOWrite ✔️, GEOPublish, ✔️ pfs:Write, ✔️PublishIT4, and many others.
There were some instances of crashing but once I rebooted the session everything thereafter was fine.
Here are some pictures:
[ Note: check out the comments for Todd Holcomb’s follow-up on bug with the Devices not being displayed in – you just need to go to drop down in top menu and select show devices ]
The screen below illustrates the variety of saved sessions I play with.
One significant difference I noticed was in the increase print quality of GeoWrite and GeoPublish apps. Here are the afters and before pictures:
This is the whole 1st page which I just updated. I did NOT bold the entry of August 11, 2018 so you can see difference.