BeagleWrite was formerly MultiScribe. I’m giving this version 3.3 a try out. I downloaded the zip file (see link below) and started playing with it here in Virtual II Emulator. I tested the actual program disk, etc and then copied it to a subdirectory on the OmniDisk 32MB .2mg drive which I use as home base for many programs. [ note: I convert the .po files to .2mg and .do so they’ll run in the Emulator. I use the Wine version of CiderPress to do that on my MacBook ]. I have AppleWorks v2,3,4,5, PublishIt4, Copy II+ v9.1, Apple System Utilities 2.1 and 3 plus others (picture of them at bottom).
BeagleWrite ran fine from the OmniDisk “hard drive”. But I had to put the Accessories.dsk in the Floppy drive for them to work. I couldn’t find a option to change the path to the hard drive for them. Data disk path change was relatively straight forward. Enough here…more notes with the screen shots.
When spell checking it doesn’t give you intuitive corrections for misspelled words. Example: I spelled Spetember and it began making suggestions at “Sp”. Once you realize this things went very well. Nice Dictionary.
For some reason it starts the calendar at September 1918. You can quickly correct by grabbing the scroll down button.
This is before I added BeagleWrite and MultiScribe.